Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A little bit of everything! New venture ahead!

Summer fun continues!
We've just started a NEW camp this past Monday that Hen hoodle LOVES! It is his first brush with the martial arts and I am so excited to see that the kid has taken to it.
We heard so many wonderful things about a Tae Kwon Do studio nearby in Bethesda called Flying Kick Fitness Center. The more I started talking about it, the more parents told me that their kids went there.
Anything new is a little scary, but after the first day, he has taken off. Hen has made new friends and really digs his uniform. ;0


Talk about Mr. 'Poser!'


Besides all this fun camp adventures, we also have been enjoying the days outdoors (when the heat isn't up too high and the mosquitoes aren't insane). We've been going around the neighborhoods on scooters, playing with our neighbors in the street (with parental supervision, of course).




And aside from all the kid fun, I've been enjoying summer cooking, plenty of salads, grilled goods and ice cream! I've listed the ingredients of one of my favorite salads that I've concocted:


KATE'S FAVE SUMMER SALAD

  • Arugula (handfuls)
  • grape tomatoes
  • English cucumbers
  • zucchini linguini (peel zucchini into strings with Jaime Oliver peeler)
  • Avocado
  • crumbled goat cheese
  • pesto (2 tablespoons)
  • seeds; pumpkin/sunflower
  • Chicken (cubed), optional

Are you an Almond lover?
I just spotted at my local Whole Foods, Justin's Nut Butter. I was first introduced his line of products while living in Boulder back in 2009. I've been eating Almond butter for 10 or so years but this company outdoes itself on their butters (its what they're all about after all)! It is hands down, my favorite!





Love these little packets of goodness!



Yummy honey and almond butter! (Their almond and chocolates combo is delish too).




All you need is a spoon!



There is a new little business I've got bubbling. Soon I will be announcing my new venture with one of my all time favorite people. Watch this spot!

No comments: