Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Half Birthday HENRY!

Henry is 2 and a HALF today!!



My dear boy, is exactly 2 and a half! He is my joy, my little love bug, who brings the child out of me. Who makes we want to be the best mommy I can possibly be. My two and a half year old is not only sweet as can be but sensitive too! I love it when on his own accord will tell me "bless you" after a sneeze or will tell me "thank you" for helping get a book from the shelf. I adore it when he sings me made up songs about what he loves. I cherish his spontaneous hugs and kisses. I love him.
It is quite hard to believe how time has flown, thinking it was near to 3 years ago that I gave birth to this little being.
This child o mine has had quite an adventure thus far. Traveling to South Africa, moving from San Diego to Boulder and now to Washington DC. The countless flights to California and the east coast. His friends, the ranch, his love for books and cars, and his adventures and experiences at bilingual school. I can only imagine what the world will have in store for him. Where will he live? Where will he travel? What will he do for a living? Will he get married?
As his parent, I realize what we can do is be as present as we can with him every single day. We can teach by setting examples and nurture his interests. He will get to that point in his life where he will chose his own paths.

"I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be"
By Robert Munsch and Sheila McGraw




I love you my babes! xoxo mom




1 comment:

Sprite, the odd dog. said...

He could NOT be more adorable! I call Will "babes" too!

xoxo