Monday, April 4, 2011

Namaste!


This past week has been incredibly transformative for me! I enjoyed an entire week of yoga teacher training in Hatha Vinyasa. It has been both energizing and exhausting!
I am blessed with the opportunity to train with one of the most impressive yoga teachers out there, Shannon von Burns, who has been teaching Yoga for over 10 years. She comes with a huge background not just in yoga, but Ayurveda and massage therapy to name a few. This past week marked the start to her year long teacher training course called The Journey Home.

This training will be opening my eyes to the skill of teaching by asking us to look, listen, understand, ask, follow through, accountability and looking from within. Methodically. Throughout this week, I've done a lot of listening. I've opened my eyes, ears, mind and heart to Shannon and also have done meditation which has helped me to look into myself to understand my weaknesses as well as my strengths and how to even all these parts of me out.

There are things during this week that I realize I need to work on: stop-completely to listen to others fully, respect time (others as well as my own) and to take better care of myself. There is a lot for me to work on both on and off the mat, but this week has given me the fresh start, the rebirth so to speak, the SPRING!

No comments: