Thursday, June 25, 2009

Back from whirlwind trip #2


Henry kicking back in the boat!



Just got back from the east coast. We went to our friends first birthday in Princeton NJ and then went onto DC to see my family. This trip was 4 nights....quite a bit of travel to do in a short period AND with a 2 year old. Needless to say, now that we are home, I am REALLY sick with an awful cold/flu. Oh poor me...sorry need to have a pity party at the moment cause I do. I haven't felt this bad in a long. It's that kind of sickness where you really can't play it off. I look and feel like hell. Today I am still in my pj's and my poor child has to deal with a mommy who just doesn't have it in her to be the best playmate. So we are doing the best at the moment.
I've got so much going on at the moment and wish I could share all of it right now, but just can't. However, I will tell you that I have a big deadline tomorrow.....I am writing a proposal for a Pilates program. Can't say any more than that at the moment but will share more as I move forward with all this. It is VERY exciting. We've got some big changes on the horizon and 1) I don't want to jinx it 2) don't want to mention detail it until I know it is a go. Sorry for the tease, but please do stay tuned in!
Despite feeling the beginnings of what turned out to be a cold while on travels we had a excellent time. We had a great time with friends in Princeton and ate at gorgeous restaurant called, Eno Terra. (the website doesn't do it justice)
MMmmmm!
Then we took the train to DC, which was Henry's very first Amtrak ride. I grew up going on the train so I was excited to have Henry partake in this adventure. He loved it and much to my father's excitement too as he is a huge train buff. While in DC we saw family which is always hectic, as I usually run from household to household, but was happy when my dad invited my mom to dinner....they're divorced after 32 years of marriage and are finally able to hang out with each other despite my dad being remarried (which has been an ongoing source of contention). Must admit it was a tad weird having my family all sit around the table including my dad's wife, she handled it well even when my parents chatted about good memories of the ol days. More on the family dairies one day.
My brother took us on his boat on the Potomac River, that runs through the city. As a high school student I used to scull on it. Henry hasn't been on a motor boat EVER, so he was completely amazed. His favorite part was watching the water get pushed out out the back. He loved how the boat made waves!


No comments: