Thursday, March 5, 2009


Oh my poor babe. Last night was one tough adventure. I woke close to midnight hearing sounds of sobbing and Hen calling my name. In my daze, I listened to his cries. It subsided so I fell back asleep. Again, I woke 45 min later to Hen coughing and crying. Oh no, that coughing was actually choking! I ran to his room to find that he had thrown up all over his bed and all over his pjs. The poor muffin was half awake sitting on the floor with his head resting on his bed (he has one of those small convert crib to bed things). I picked him up held him close and took him to our room, despite that he had debris all over him and yes it was quite smelly much to the dislike of my own belly. I quickly took off his clothes and beckoned my honey Dean to get some change of clothes, towels and a washcloth. Once we all changed we got into our bed, Hen completely out like a light at this point. I may have thought that it was all well and good, but not 10 minutes later Hen woke to some more choky. Oh poor baba! Again called upon the hubby to grab the towels and washcloths to help clean up the mess. Now, we had the towel ready for any mishap. Again 20 min later he had another bought (not much left in his little belly so it was mainly dry heeving-yikes,don't like visualizing that one). That was it for the rest of the night but it was now 2:30 am. I could not comfortably fall back into a deep sleep as I had a sick baby who has never had thrown up before AND my little baby does not usually sleep with us, so we had our 2 yr old toddler sleeping perpendicular to our bodies (fortunately I did not have his feet on my end or I would have really had a night from hell). Next I looked it was 4:45 and then the last the time I looked it was 5:15. I finally got out of bed at 6:30 am. Henry managed to get up quickly and in some ways seemed like his old self, except he wasn't asking to go downstairs right away for his breakfast. As much as I was convinced that he was feeling better, we had one more unfortunate bought of the chokies after a breakfast of carbs (waffles and honey bunnies, a few bites anyway). Then that was it. The rest of the day was pretty relaxed. After an hour outside at the park to get some fresh air, a really good nap and some rice for lunch and dinner, I think (and hope) tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments: